Get ready for an exciting member showcase! You’ll see one-of-a-kind shells and rockets prepared by your fellow WPA members.
Interested in showing off your hard work and creativity!? Register your spot in the member showcase today!Register for showcase
Timeline for Member Showcase
- Deadline to sign up and reserve a spot
Saturday, 2/18/23 @ 12:00 pm — Sign Up Here
- Deadline to apply for approval (rockets and non-shell devices)
Saturday, 2/18/23 @ 12:00 pm
- Deadline to deliver product
Sunday, 2/19/23 @ 12:00 pm
Rules and Procedures for Member Showcase
- Maximum of 2 items per person, additional items may be approved at discretion of showcase staff.
- Items must be manufactured. No shell-of-shells using pre-purchased shells, no purchased rocket motors, etc.
- Items must be COMPLETE and ready to load by the deadline. Either a leader or drop rope must be attached that is appropriate for the size and weight of the shell. This is to facilitate removing the shell from the gun in the event of a mis-fire.
- Items completed early should be stored in the manufacturing day box in boxes clearly labeled “Showcase”
- This will be an electrically fired show. Do not attach visco. You may ematch your own shells if you wish, otherwise we will ematch them for you. We can provide you with an ematch if you do not have one. If you ematch your item, do not remove the shroud from the match head please. Do not submit rockets with visco attached: ask Bill Ryan if you need help to ematch your rockets.
- LABEL YOUR DEVICE: with your name and the description of the effect; this info should match what you put on the sign up sheets. Labels will be provided in the manufacturing day box – please use the packing tape provided so labels don’t fall off.
- Items that are not provided by the deadline in the condition described above may not be included in the showcase; it is your responsibility to come find your item after the showcase if it is not fired and dispose of it properly.
- For cylinder shells please clearly mark which direction the shell should be loaded.
- If you are on the fence about participating, it is best to sign up and then erase your name later if you change your mind; unanticipated last minute entries are more difficult to accommodate than withdrawals.
Shells: Space for shells requiring steel guns and shells 8” and over may become limited so please try to sign up by the end of the day on Saturday.
Rockets: Every rocket must be approved by the Manufacturing chair. Fill out a request for approval form and submit to the Manufacturing chair on or before 12:00 pm Saturday. We may not be able to accommodate requests submitted after this time. You will be given specific directions about fusing your device upon receiving approval. Deliver your labeled device to the manufacturing day box on or before 12:00 pm Sunday.
Other Items: All other devices must be approved by the safety chair or designate. List your item and info on the sign up sheet in the manufacturing day box on or before 12:00 pm Saturday. We may not be able to accommodate requests submitted after this time. You will be given specific directions about fusing your device upon receiving approval. Deliver your labeled device to the manufacturing day box on or before 12:00 pm Sunday.